09 January 2016

Wintry Afternoon in Atlanta


Le déluge: Flooding from November
Après moi, le déluge; après le déluge, le debris
15 Years a Trampoline
Apparently, this is why I can't grow fresh bananas here—just banana trees

Lo, how a rose ere blooming...

For the deadheads among you

Pondage in winter
Is it me, or does Niobe seem particularly forlorn?
TFW the tree says you really shouldn't have put the walk so close
Loropetalum never fails to delight

The winter difference between fescue (foreground) and Bermuda grass
The former trampoline deconstructed and set out for pick up
The mossy area from which I hope to harvest my pet Tardigrades for my new terrarium
Tardigrade: the most interesting animal in the world

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Alas, poor trampoline...

Good luck with your tardigrade project!
~

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

tardigrades get some air time in the neal degrasse tyson remake of cosmos - if you haven't seen it i recommend it highly - i got the dvd from the library and found the extra features worthwhile

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

This is Ground Control to Major Jim.
You've really tardigrade!
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

A bit higher water level, and you would've needed sandbags. I just camped out at work all weekend. I'm not looking forward to seeking parking/digging out a space when I finally get home.